Do you know what to look for when choosing a wedding photographer? Is it all about the budget or the actual work that is produced?
- The first thing I would advise you to look for when choosing a photographer is their photographic style. You need to choose a photographer whose style you absolutely LOVE. Think about what you envision your day to look like. How do you want you photos to look? Research different photographers and find the ones who have the similar style that you love and envision for your day. For example, I am a light and airy photographer. I love for my images to be light, bright, natural, and clean. I love natural light and I strive to use and emulate that in all of my images. You will not find my images to be heavily edited, dark, or moody. The brides who book me also love my style of photography and the images that I create. They are 100% confident that their images will match the images that I blog about and post.
- That leads me to say this, make sure your photographer has a consistent style that you can easily recognize. Rather that is a light & airy style like me or a more darker/bolder style of work. Every photographer will have his or he own unique style, and you should be able to quickly recognize their style when looking at their images.
- Choose someone whose personality you love. You will be spending so much time with this person from the day you first book to after you say I Do. Remember that you are going to be spending one of the most important days of your life with this person! Make sure this is someone you can relate to, laugh with, and most importantly trust.
So, is all about the budget or the actual work that is produced? Well, lets just say I have had brides to contact me in the past wishing I had photographed their wedding after the fact. Remember these wise words when choosing a photographer “what you see is what you get”. I may not be your photographer for your special day, but make sure you do your research, read reviews, and ask as many questions as you like. You should feel 100% happy and confident in the person you are choosing to capture your Wedding Day!
- Mr. & Mrs. Guy | An Elegant Mississippi Wedding at The Vault Venue
- Mr. & Mrs. Grogan | A Sweet Southern Wedding At McClain Lodge
- Mr. & Mrs. Philpot | A Breathtaking Memorial Day Wedding
- Mr. & Mrs. Moore | An Elegant Summer Wedding
- Shelby & Caleb | A Lovely Winter Wedding at The Ivy Venue in Flowood, MS